Foundation Class Embraces French Culture
International week in reception
Another busy and fun learning week in foundation. We have been looking at France this week including:
- Finding France on a map- how can we get there?
- Making our own passports.
- Looking at photos of French landmarks and using the construction to build our own models.
- Making crepes- and trying different toppings!
- Food tasting- brioche.
- Making our own café menus and role playing in the café.
- Making jigsaws of French places and dressing dolls in traditional costumes.
- Looking at Monet paintings and painting our own pictures for a class art gallery.
- Using the Beebots to travel to different French landmarks.
- Making French flags.
- Looking at Mardi Gras and making our own masks and Mardi Gras dance.
Wow! What a lot! Parent’s evenings too!
Next week we are off to Antarctica for our 4 week ‘Scott’ project- information to follow.
The Foundation Team
Take a look at our photos…